Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Young Mind

While having lunch with my kids after they came back from school;


Eris: Mommy, Alexandra asked me if I am rich. Cause she thought I live in a castle.


Me: Oh, why she said so? 


Eris: I don’t know.


Me: Then, what did you tell her? 


Eris: I told her I’m not rich. My house is like others. Just a normal house.


Me: Indeed right.


I feel relieved and proud at the same time. Relieved because she feels comfortable being herself and proud because she’s being honest.


Kids nowadays tend to give in to peer pressure as they want to be liked or they think it helps them fit in. How some of these kids are easily associate a brand symbol to a social status and judge others for wearing or having anything less than them. 


But I’m so glad her atmosphere and circle of friends are leading to positivity traits. How they really enjoy their friendship and filled with love, kindness and support. As far as I knew, she never mentioned or raised any concerns related to her school’s stuffs nor her physical being judged by her friends.


Because I know some of my friends had to deal with those things with their children. How their kids’ friends would make fun of their kids’ stuffs; ie - for not having phone, not owning any Smiggle collections etc.


The way I see it, our kids is our own reflections. How we raise, educate and instill good manners and thoughts in shaping them to be a good person that would benefit others and their surroundings.


I pray and really hope that my kids will forever stay true to themselves and not easily being affected by any bad influence. Being confident in their own skin and having strong principles will guide and help their mind to stay focus in achieving their goal instead of minding and worrying about what other people think of them.


We as a parent play a major role in their life -  to be a good role model for them. Their today’s school of thought, self-identity and intelligence will define what kind of nation we’re making in the future.


With that being said, I hope I could deliver this crucial task as a Mom for my kids. ♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment